The 2023 online resume of Matthew Scholta
👨💻 A Software Engineer whose passion lies in creating quality code written for humans, unlocking developer productivity, and creating a delightful user experience.
Staff EngineerSept 2022 - Present
After welcoming a baby girl in August, I'll be starting early September.
- Prototyped and delivered a Remix + TailwindCSS application for external partners
- Adoption of TypeScript in our React Native application
- Dockerized the development workflow and tooling
- ... And we're just getting started!
Principal EngineerApr 2021 - Aug 2022
One year in we've jump-started the organization's code! Taking a "loosely typed and strongly coupled" system and successfully flipping it. The entire stack is now containerized and makes us of Firebase Emulators for an incredible development workflow.
- 0% - 80% Containerized stack and development workflow
- Introduced GraphQL and strongly types across services
- Delivered a full rebuild & rebrand of the Python + Django website to NextJS
- Survey Framework, CSS Style Guide, Monorepo, Unit/E2E Testing, and more
Staff EngineerFeb 2016 - Apr 2021
Successfully pitched, prototyped, and delivered several high-impact projects within the organization. Assisting in hiring, managing, and mentoring engineers at various levels, distributed across the globe.
- Content Management System; Pitched, prototyped, and delivered
- Progressive Web App (PWA); Pitched, prototyped, and delivered
- Lerna Monorepo; Pitched, prototyped, and delivered
- CSS Overhaul; Pitched, prototyped, and delivered
- Apollo Migration, Redux Migration, Checkout Overhaul, and many more...
Technical Team LeadNov 2011 - Apr 2015
Agency life in San Francisco affords the opportunity to work with a variety of "high profile" clients to create and deliver high-impact projects. As Team Lead, my responsibilities included: pitch work, application architecture, technical documentation, code reviews, and mentoring.
- Google TrainUP; Pitched, architected, developed, and delivered
- Google Databoard; Conceptualized, architected, developed, and delivered
- Facebook Disaster Relief; Prototyped with BackboneJS and Facebook API's
- Apple iAds; Development of HTML micro sites internally for Apple
- Apple iAds; Pitched an abstraction to minimize production time/cost, which was adopted internally
San Francisco State University
Industrial Design (incomplete)
A late change of major from Mechanical Engineering to Industrial Design and the lack of available courses I freelanced and went part-time over the course of several years doing graphic/web design, and web development.
- Industrial Designers Society of America 2004 - 2007
- Teaching Assistant: Automated Manufacturing Sys.
- Teaching Assistant: Metals Manufacturing
- Teaching Assistant: Drafting & Sketching for Design